[or-roots] City and County of Birth

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 20:13:32 PDT 2013

I was going to jump into this conversation with the suggestion it was highly unlikely Prineville would have had a hospital, though since Cottage Grove and Coquille both had hospitals I should have known better. I would still think odds are good for home birth at that date. Or birthing clinic. I don't believe any of my siblings were hospital born and I was born in a maternity home in '49. In fact CG didn't get hospital births till something like '53.
It looks like Bend Bulletin  and Central Oregonian are about it for newspapers in the area. I found some tidbits on Genealogy trails including lurid details on a shoot out in Prineville, but nothing from those papers and Google doesn't seem to have either of them.
http://oregonnews.uoregon.edu/lccn/sn96088235/1919-03-06/ed-1/seq-2/
Okay, here is a link to the Bulletin for March 6 1919, nothing on the first page, and I need to take a break from my puter so will let you brows Eugene, but beware, it is hard to stay on topic when you browse these old papers, I have started to look for an obit in old RG and ended up posting half a dozen articles on Facebook that had nothing to do with what I was looking for and even getting totally distracted by an obituary for someone I wasn't looking for.
Les C

#yiv933452631 p {margin:0;}There is a Bowman Museum in Prineville it also is home to the
Genealogy Society, there was a hospital in Prineville at the time,
Horace Preston Belknap Sr. was the Doctor for many years Only
the third doctor that prineville had.

Glen Jones