[or-roots] Oregon State Library

MStang5165 at aol.com MStang5165 at aol.com
Wed Jan 1 20:55:18 PST 2014

The thing is, this they do not want to move to Portland. They serve  Salem
and the surrounding areas. This is not a Portland society. Portland  already
has a genealogy society with a library. Why would they go there??

I am not even a member anymore, but was President many, many years  ago.  I
cannot speak to what they are going to do now. This will  be a year of
transition though, I am sure, while they decide what to do.

You should contact the Society for more information.  Go to  their web site
and click on their newsletter and you can read the Legislature's  bill and
the discussion by the Society president on the  issue.     Mimi Stang

In a message dated 1/1/2014 8:43:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,