[or-roots] Looking for details on Peter Spain family, Coos 1910's

Robyn Greenlund rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 11:17:38 PST 2014

There is a collection of 20 photographs that were taken of a cabin and family in "Myrtle Point" between 1913 and 1917 for a Peter and Maude Spain, and their son, Paul A. Spain up until he was 2 1/2 or so. The family name
was totally unfamiliar to me, and the E=bay listing had the family as "Spam".
It's hard to read on the cards, but I was able to figure out who they
were based on their marriage in Illinois and the parents names (thank
heavens for familysearch!)

I wasn't able to find anything on the family after these were taken, and
these ended up in Maine. I did find them in the 1910 census in San Diego, but nothing after that. I haven't researched the parents beyond the marriage information (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KFKW-B2Z) so that may shed some light too.

Does anyone have any information on this family?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350973599076

Robyn
rgreenlund61 at yahoo.com

Interested in Coos County History? See what's online at
genealogytrails.com, coquillevalley.org, or orgenweb.org