[or-roots] Oregon question

SAWYER Layne G layne.g.sawyer at state.or.us
Thu Sep 4 13:24:51 PDT 2014

Dale,

Jan's suggestion is very good for locating the "site", but in case you have access to a library I would also recommend looking at the book Oregon Geographic Names by Lewis McArthur.  It provides a bit of history about the location and post offices, when they were established etc.

OGN is a great resource if you have never used it before, it is published by the Oregon Historical Society and is in its 11th or 12th edition.  I am unaware of any other state that has such a wonderful reference for this kind of information.

Regards,

Layne