[or-roots] Small - Online (as in free) program needed

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Sat Jan 3 15:15:23 PST 2015

> My wife has just discovered a cousin she never knew about.

Isn't it great to make disoveries like this?  It really is a Small
World, after all.

> I need a small, and hopefully free, downloadable program

Free is a very good price, but anything doing with ancestry.com, will
have a price to it one way or another, unfortunately. GenForum isn't
even free anymore (owned by geneaology.com, ancestry's parent corp --
it's now archive,only).

PAF isn't easily available anymore, and free or not, it is rather obsolete.

Ancestral Quest /Basics/ contains the core features of Ancestral Quest,
a good, modern program. You will be able to easily organize and view
your family history. The Basics version contains fewer advanced
features, but is /*absolutely free*/.
      http://www.ancquest.com/dlagree.htm

I believe Legacy has a similar offer, for a similar, also excellent,
program.

Select the idividuals you want to export in FTM, build your GEDCOM, and
import it into AQ - done, simple, and free.

Happy New Year!

Godspeed!

Bill Strickland
Oregon City, OR