[or-roots] An Oregon question for a change.

Leslie Chapman pil3hvar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:26:44 PDT 2016

One of the interesting things on this line is by and large their
surname is pretty consistently McCulloch, It does show up as
McCullough at least once. I know when Denise Merritt mentioned her
connection to the name she had Ada as a McCullough in her information.
As far as I can see from my file names they show up correctly in all
the censuses I have except brother James is a McCullough in Looking
Glass  in 1870.

When you mention same areas Dan are  you referring to Douglas and Coos
Co, or Shasta or all three?  I know I have seen a lot of McCully, I
think there is even a DLC or two in that name, but none for my bunch.
There are some DLC's in William and John, but not mine.

By the way folks in case you were wondering why I have been absent
soooo long, I have been unable to post to the list from my Yahoo
account and the server would not allow me to make any changes, period.
Layne's tech support people seem to be stymied too. I have supposedly
had my Yahoo account expunged more than once and now it appears to be
a good thing as I am able to post from my gmail account, but do not
see my post except on my yahoo account. Wouldn't you all just love to
have me come fiddle with YOUR computers?

Les Chapman