[or-roots] the history of microfilm

Dan Matney mygen2 at d-matney.com
Wed Jun 29 07:37:17 PDT 2016

Interesting.
I still have thousands of microfiche here. Boxes of them I collected
from a genealogy society that was making room for the ( newer things).
  I also found a small light weight reader I converted to 12 volts.
  I also am still looking to collect all I can of things for Oregon to
set to view for people out here on the desert. Many people here, have
not even tried genealogy. Most never even been on the internet and don't
know about all the resources. Several just wanted to know, whats that?
Never heard of most of it. And others, just said, so what, people get
married, make families and I do't care about the past. lol, one of
those, now is heavy into their past. Its interesting how fast some one
changes once the door is opened. And I plan to keep opening doors to
people ;) Nice page, thanks Layne.
   Dan Matney