No subject

Thu Nov 19 13:58:53 PST 2020

------=_NextPart_000_0105_01C3DC2B.2B32CD80

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252=
">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Hello, I am Celeste Chandler , a descendent of Joseph and Lisette Laver=
dure=20
down through their daughter  Anne (Laverdure) McGinnis and John=20
McGinnis</DIV>
<DIV> on down to their daughter Lizze Belle McGinnis Haight and he=
r=20
first husband Joseph Cornelius Haight.</DIV>
<DIV>The names of my ancestors are Laverdure/Lavadoure, McGinnis and=20
Haight, all found to be in and around the Douglas County area from</DIV>
<DIV>very early 1800's on through to the late 1940's.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Joseph Laverdure/Lavadoure is known to have trapped with Alexander Dumo=
nt=20
down on the South Umpqua very early in the 1800's. </DIV>
<DIV>Joseph was an engage with the HBC.  Family stories are that his wi=
fe=20
Lissette was Cayuse/Palouse/Walla Walla and Nez Perce.  We are wor=
king=20
to learn  Lissette was indeed from these family groups or from Can=
ada=20
as her daughter Anne's Death Certificate notes.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><U>John was last found in the 1920 Census living at the Indigent=20
Hospital.</U>  </DIV>
<DIV>**I would like to learn more about the Indigent Hospital and they handl=
ed=20
the burial of their charges; where they buried their dead. </DIV>
<DIV> Johns DC lists a M.E. Ritter as the undertaker.  I would lik=
e to=20
learn if Mr. Ritter belonged to any one funeral home, and if they may have s=
ome=20
added information.</DIV>
<DIV>Has anyone else had Indigent Hospital relatives to locate?</DIV>
<DIV>My John McGinnis died at a claimed age of 105 years. in 1920, and Anne=20=
his=20
wife, died at age 78 in 1919</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Thank you,</DIV>
<DIV>Celeste Chandler</DIV>
<DIV><A href=3D"mailto:cmoc at comcast.net">cmoc at comcast.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>Laverdure/Lavadoure, McGinnis, Haight</DIV>
<DIV>Early 1800's Oregon and Washington Territory</DIV>
<DIV>From Canada, New York, N. Carolina/Tennessee, Ohio, Iowa, Oregon,=20
California</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0105_01C3DC2B.2B32CD80--

--part1_9.207f7ed6.2d3987d0_boundary--