[OR_Archaeology] SHPO database of historic buildings & site now online!

Susan White Susan.White at state.or.us
Fri Aug 15 17:48:03 PDT 2008

We're pleased to announce that our master database of historic buildings and sites in Oregon is now available online. There are almost 45,000 records in the database, including National Register properties, survey and inventory records, and so forth. Here's the link:

http://heritagedata.prd.state.or.us/historic/

Please note that this is still a rudimentary version. There are many features we will be adding over the coming weeks, including the ability to run more complex searches and printout both site-specific data and summary data for groups of buildings. Please read the Disclaimer page for details about the limitations and the "coming attractions."

We're interested in your feedback on the site, so please let us know what works, doesn't work, could be improved, etc. You can send us your comments at: ORsurvey.feedback at state.or.us.

Roger Roper
Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer
Assistant Director, Oregon Parks & Recreation Dept.
725 Summer Street NE, Suite C
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 986-0677
Fax: (503) 986-0793