[OR_Archaeology] Save Our History Grant Cycle for 2009-2010 applic. due June 5th

Susan White Susan.White at state.or.us
Sun Feb 1 23:31:40 PST 2009

The launch of the 2009/2010 "Save Our History" Grant Cycle has been announced. The Save Our History Grant Program provides funding to history organizations that partner with schools on a local community preservation project.  Since launching the Save Our History Grant Program in 2004, History, formerly known as The History Channel, has awarded over $1 Million Dollars in grants to organizations and schools large and small, urban, suburban and rural, in the northern, southern, eastern, western and central United States.

During the 2009/2010 school year, History will again award grants of up to $10,000 to historical organizations to fund hands-on, experiential educational projects that teach students about their local history and actively engage them in its preservation.  For guidelines and criteria, important dates, and to apply, please visit www.saveourhistory.com , and click on
grants.

Applications are due June 5, 2009.  Any questions can be directed to info at saveourhistory.com.

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Assistant State Archaeologist
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
725 Summer Street NE, Suite C
Salem, Oregon 97301
503-986-0675
503-986-0793 FAX