[OR_Archaeology] List of Researchers

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Thu Apr 23 11:50:01 PDT 2009

Happy Spring! Hope this email finds all healthy and happy and enjoying the rebirth of Spring. (see attached)

SHPO is currently receiving an increase of inquiries from CRM firms in Oregon as well as in surrounding states for a list of qualified archaeologists to conduct background/ literature research here at SHPO's Archaeology Research Library.

I do have a list but, sad to say, it is quite meager. So I am sending out the call--

Any qualified archaeologist who would like to be included on a list we provide to consulting firms to conduct background/literature search at SHPO Archaeological Services, please reply to this email and provide your contact information for the list.

If your contact information is the same as on the consultants list on our website, just let me know and I can cut-n-paste the information.

The list will not be on the website for the general public, so no worries.  If you would like to be on  this researcher list, we ask that you attend a researcher training session before conducting research so you will be able to access and use the various tools of the library most efficiently. If you are interested in attending a researcher training, please contact Gary Curtis at Gary.Curtis at state.or.us or 503-986-0676.

A few gentle reminders when conducting research at SHPO library-- please be sure to have all the necessary information (e.g., project area maps, TRS coordinates, project information) with you when coming in to conduct research.  Regretfully SHPO researcher computer is not available to access the Internet for personal use and our fax machines are only to be used for state agency business. Also, to ensure that your research is complete, please be sure that your background/literature search encompasses a one-mile buffer around the project area.

I appreciate your time and consideration with regards to the list of qualified archaeologists to conduct research and thank you for your efforts on our behalf, Susan

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Asst. State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO
725 Summer St NE, Suite C