[OR_Archaeology] ALI recruiting volunteer Listserve Coordinator

RPettigrew at aol.com RPettigrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 10:57:01 PDT 2009

Please spread the word that we are looking for a volunteer to fill our
Listserve Coordinator position.  This is a key position for us, as it is  very
important for us to distribute information efficiently to those interested
in our programs.  See the position blurb below.

Volunteer Position Description
Archaeological Legacy Institute
(_www.archaeologychannel.org_ (http://www.archaeologychannel.org/) )

Title: Listserve Coordinator

Reports to: Executive Director

Based at: Anywhere

Job Purpose: To compile an index of Web listserves on archaeology,
education, and related subjects, beginning with a list ALI already has compiled;
serve as conduit for ALI information to listserves; and monitor listserves
for  information useful to ALI, in order to promote the communication
effectiveness  of our organization.  ALI will broadcast information about its
programs,  events and needs via the listserves to important constituencies.

Key Responsibilities: Subscribe to key listserves and follow the protocols
of each to distribute announcements from ALI in response to requests from
the  Executive Director.

Estimated Time Requirement: No more than 5 hours/week.  Once the lists  are
compiled, time requirements may be no more than 1 hour/week.

Qualifications: Computer and communication skills.  Familiarity and
experience with the World Wide Web.  Ideal attributes include familiarity  with
listserves and background in archaeology.

Application Procedure: E-mail your expression of interest and
qualifications to Dr. Richard Pettigrew at _RPettigrew at aol.com_
(mailto:RPettigrew at aol.com) .  Include a resume  either within the body of the e-mail or as an
attached file.

Deadline for Applications: July 7, 2009