[OR_Archaeology] Article on Oregon CRM laws

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Mon Jul 27 14:24:52 PDT 2009

In the Journal of Northwest Anthropology [43(1):87-116] Dennis Griffin, State Archaeologist with SHPO, presents an evolution of the cultural resource protection laws and regulations in Oregon.

>From the state's first permitting law in 1935 to the present, Dr. Griffin's article examines the issues, political lobbies, and local events that have and continue to influence the changes in state regulations as well as compare these changes to that on the national level.

A copy (pdf) of the JONA article is attached, courtesy of Dennis. We hope you find it both informative and helpful.

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Asst. State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO
725 Summer St NE, Suite C