[OR_Archaeology] Fwd: [Hist_Pres] New Compliance Form and Web Page Federal andState Preservation Laws

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Tue Sep 8 13:41:43 PDT 2009

Preservation Partners,

The Oregon SHPO has some new tools for those completing Section 106 and/or ORS 358.653 documentation.

Some of you may have already noticed that a new compliance form has been posted on our website. This new document combines the previously separate Determination of Eligibility and Finding of Effect forms into a single one-page document. Additional information can be attached as necessary. We've received feedback on earlier versions of this document and several individuals said they appreciate the shorter format. We hope that you will too. There is no need to transfer projects already in progress to the new form; however, please use if for any new work.

The form can be found on our newly redesigned review and compliance website. The new site includes a description of federal and state compliance laws and processes; directions for how to document historic properties; contact information for SHPO personnel; and a bibliography of useful resources. We intend to keep adding material to these pages, so please watch this Listserv.

You can find our new web page and form at http://www.oregonheritage.org/OPRD/HCD/SHPO/preservation_106.shtml .

Please forward this email to anyone you think would find this information useful.

Ian

Ian P. Johnson, Historian
Oregon SHPO
National Register and Survey Program