[OR_Archaeology] TAC Features Brazilian Archaeology Project

Meara Butler meara.butler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:35:50 PST 2009

Apologies as always for the necessity of cross-posting...

Friends and colleagues: Many countries around the world now take seriously
the need to manage and protect their cultural heritage.  An infrastructure
project in Brazil shows how that country is discovering, investigating and
protecting its archaeological sites, as seen in *Archaeology in Taguatinga
Valley*, the latest video feature on our nonprofit streaming-media Web site,
*The Archaeology Channel* (http://www.archaeologychannel.org).

This video describes the Archaeological Scientific Salvage and Cultural
Heritage Management Program of Taguatinga Valley in Brazil’s capital,
Brasilia.  The Goiano Institute of Pre-History and Anthropology (IGPA) from
the Catholic University of Goias (UCG) conducted research on a massive water
treatment project and carried out extensive public education.  The work was
supervised by Brazilian National Institute of Historical and Artistic
Heritage (IPHAN) and funded under contract by the Company of Basic
Sanitation of Brasilia (CAESB).

This and other programs are available on TAC for your use and enjoyment.  We
urge you to support this public service by participating in our Membership
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/member.html) and Underwriting (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/sponsor.shtml) programs.  Only with your
help can we continue and enhance our nonprofit public-education and
visitor-supported programming.  We also welcome new content partners as we
reach out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org

Meara Butler

Meara.Butler at gmail.com

Archaeological Legacy Institute ListServe Coordinator