[OR_Archaeology] TAC features Cappadocia in central Anatolia

Meara Butler meara.butler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 09:31:59 PST 2010

Apologies as always for the necessity of cross-posting...

Friends and colleagues: Cappadocia in Turkey is situated at a crossroads in
both space and time.  Its very visible and unique archaeological record is
highlighted by Cappadocia, the latest video feature on our nonprofit
streaming-media Web site, *The Archaeology Channel* (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org).

This documentary highlights Cappadocia, the high plateau region of central
Anatolia in Turkey’s heartland.  Settled for over 8 millennia, this region
features dramatic volcanic landscapes and many caves used in ancient times.
The vast array of heritage sites includes Göreme with its rock houses and open
air museum, Medieval fortresses, Christian underground cities of the 7th and
8th centuries, and fortified caravansarais along the silk road.  Cappadocia
illustrates the rich history of early Christians, Sufi mystics, and the
Seljuk Turk empire.

This and other programs are available on TAC for your use and enjoyment.  We
urge you to support this public service by participating in our Membership (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/member.html) and Underwriting (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/sponsor.shtml) programs.  Only with your
help can we continue and enhance our nonprofit public-education and
visitor-supported programming.  We also welcome new content partners as we
reach out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org

Meara Butler

Meara.Butler at gmail.com

Archaeological Legacy Institute List Serve Coordinator