[OR_Archaeology] FW: Fulbright Scholar Opportunities in Archaeology

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Tue Mar 30 16:38:06 PDT 2010

FYI, please forward to any students or professors who might be interested, thanks!

Subject: Fulbright Scholar Opportunities in Archaeology

Fulbright Scholar Program for US Faculty and Professionals for 2011-2012 is open
The Fulbright Scholar Program offers 17 awards in teaching, research or combined teaching/research in archaeology, including a Fulbright Distinguished Chair.  Even better, faculty and professionals in archaeology also can apply for one of the 175 "All Discipline" awards open to all fields.

What does Fulbright offer in archaeology?  Here are a few of the awards for 2011-2012:

South and Central Asia: Applications in archaeology are welcome in many of these countries, including India and Pakistan. Distinguished chair awards also available.

Venezuela: Social Studies & Humanities opportunities available.

The application deadline is August 2, 2010.  U.S. citizenship is required.  For more information, visit our website at www.iie.org/cies<http://www.iie.org/cies> or contact us at scholars at iie.org<mailto:scholars at iie.org>.

Faculty and professionals are also encouraged to participate in one of our weekly webinars, including a special March 25th session featuring Adam Grotsky, Executive Director of the United States-India Educational Foundation, on the expanding Fulbright opportunities in India.  For more information, visit our website at www.iie.org/cies/webinar<http://www.iie.org/cies/webinar>.

Regards,

Katherine Matheson
Program Associate for Outreach and Communications
Institute of International Education
Department of Scholar and Professional Programs
Council for International Exchange of Scholars
3007 Tilden St. NW, Suite #5L
Washington, DC 20008
202-686-7866 | 202-362-3442
scholars at iie.org<mailto:scholars at iie.org> | www.iie.org/cies<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\kmatheson\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Signatures\www.iie.org\cies>

Subscription options and archives available:
http://listserv.buffalo.edu/archives/arch-l.html

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Asst. State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO