[OR_Archaeology] Native Literatures: Generations - new online magazine

Sarah Purdy sepurdy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:11:00 PDT 2010

For all who are interested in a new online magazine focused on Native
American literature, please see the posting below.
Dear Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce the launch of a new online magazine. This site will
be operational later this month. Please take a look at it:

www.nativeliteratures.com

Its purpose and general submission guidelines are below. Please share this
information with as many people as you can. For subscribers, there is an
initial, first-year rate of $25.

*Native Literatures: Generations***

*Publishing literature of substance and consequence*

Our Purpose

*NLG *is dedicated to providing a global forum for original works of
literature by writers from the indigenous nations of North America and
Hawai’i. Our goal is to support writers in their endeavors by offering a
venue linking them with new audiences and potential publishers. Moreover,
our magazine is designed to generate funds to provide financial support for
writers through scholarships for their studies or for specific writing
projects.

*NLG *is a quarterly, with content accessible online for three months with
rights reverting to authors thereafter.

*Submissions:*

* NLG *is seeking original, unpublished works by writers from the indigenous
nations of North America and Hawai’i. We publish in all genres: poetry,
fiction (short stories but also novel excerpts if self-contained), creative
nonfiction, drama and mixed-genre/media. We are seeking works that extend
this body of literature by avoiding cliché and trite conventions through
risk-taking and experimentation, but also through distinctive and engaging
voices, exciting and innovative approaches. For full submission guidelines,
please visit our website. For information, contact
info at nativeliteratures.com

Good thoughts

John Purdy, Coordinator

john at nativeliteratures.com

*Our Board: *D.L. Birchfield, Gloria Bird, Sherwin Bitsui, Kimberly Blaeser,
Elizabeth Cook-Lynn, Heid Erdrich, Eric Gansworth, Gordon Henry Jr., Joy
Harjo, Kuualoha Hoomanawanui, Lee Maracle, Dian Million, Simon Ortiz, Luci
Tapahonso, Laura Tohe

* *