[OR_Archaeology] Fwd: Film production service for cultural heritage organizations

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Wed Apr 14 14:46:00 PDT 2010

A great opportunity from a great archaeologist in Portland--

As you may know, ALI, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, for ten years has been streaming video and audio programs on The Archaeology Channel www.archaeologychannel.org).  We now have more that 160 videos streaming on TAC.  In that process, along with showing videos produced by others, we have had occasion to produce our own film and video content.  Over the years, we have built our own in-house film production team and now we are prepared to make our film production services available to others for projects that are in keeping with our cultural heritage public mission.

We invite archaeologists, indigenous groups, museums, tourism offices, government agencies, and others who wish to share their stories with the public through the film medium to contact us at film at archaeologychannel.org with your ideas and goals.  We will help guide you through the process of budgeting and planning a film or video project prior to any decision you might make to undertake production.

Film is a very powerful medium for delivering important perspectives, concepts and information.  It is an ideal tool for public outreach in connection with projects supported by public funds.  ALI employs a team of highly capable film makers and production staff to carry out production services.  Our rates are modest and straightforward.

Please visit our Film Production Services page at
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/content/FilmProd.html.

We hope to hear from you soon.  Thank you for your consideration.

Richard M. (Rick) Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
4147 E. Amazon Dr.