[OR_Archaeology] Portland firm has 3D Laser Scanning for cultural resource inventory work

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Thu Jul 1 15:22:01 PDT 2010

An advertisement arrived at our office that we thought might be useful to consultants, agencies, etc.
i-TEN Associates latest has lately acquired the use of a 3D Laser Scanner for cultural resource inventory work.  This latest scanning technology:

- Captures 3D data of artifacts and sites with historical and cultural significance;
- Produces "point clouds" with color overlays to provide a complete solution for the preservation and documentation of state and national treasures;
- Conducts scan comparisons, monitors lifecycles and evaluates structure
integrity, artifacts and geological movement.

We are in the marketing phase of this new technology and are open to providing a demonstration for you of its capabilities.  Should you be interested in color 3D scanning of part of a cultural site in the Willamette Valley area, please let me know and we will schedule a demonstration.   More information about this new scanner is contained in the attached brochure.

Sincerely,
Dale Himes, Vice President
i-TEN Associates, Inc./ValueCAD
BIM, GIS, 3D Laser Scanning & Aerial Mapping Services
Oregon Minority Business Enterprises
2548 SE Ankeny Street, Portland, OR  97214
Office:  503-546-3755  FAX:  503-233-8792
Go To: www.i10assoc.com