[OR_Archaeology] Fwd: [Hist_Pres] National Register Course Offered through Oregon SHPO

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Thu Aug 19 13:49:05 PDT 2010

Below are some courses being offered by our SHPO's built environment staff. Hope they're helpful, Susan

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Asst. State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO
725 Summer St NE, Suite C
Salem, Oregon 97301
503-986-0675 office
503-986-0793 fax
Susan.White at state.or.us

Visit our web page at
http://www.oregonheritage.org/OPRD/HCD/ARCH/index.shtml

>>> "Cara Kaser" <cara.kaser at state.or.us> 8/19/2010 1:29 PM >>>
The Oregon State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) will offer a series of online courses on the National Register of Historic Places beginning in early September. The free, 90-minute courses are provided in a webinar format to all interested historic preservation professionals, students, local landmark commissions, and interested community members. The courses include:

- NR I  National Register Primer: Introduction to the National Register and How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation
- NR II  Understanding the National Register Nomination Form and Photograph Policy
- NR III  Understanding and Writing National Register Multiple Property Submissions
- NR IV  Understanding and Writing National Register Historic District Nominations

Please see the attached course listing for more information about these courses, dates when the courses are offered, and how to register. To find information about all course and training opportunities, please visit http://www.oregonheritage.org/OPRD/HCD/RESRCH/training.shtml.