[OR_Archaeology] TAC features ancient Cambodian wonders

Meara Butler meara.butler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 17:22:23 PDT 2010

Friends and colleagues: The rich cultural history of Cambodia has generated
an impressive archaeological record that until recently received little
world attention.  Raising awareness of this country’s remarkable legacy and
the challenges posed for those exploring it is our motive in selecting *Gold
Diggers and Temple Rescuers: A Cambodian Expedition* to be the latest video
feature on our nonprofit streaming-media Web site, *The Archaeology Channel*(
http://www.archaeologychannel.org).

Hardly any other country can boast of such a high concentration of temples,
sculptures and archaeological sites as Cambodia.  However, many of these
fascinating world heritage sites are under environmental threat or are in
danger of being looted.  Archaeologists and conservation experts are trying
to salvage whatever they can to safeguard remote cult sites, burial grounds
and rock reliefs.  In this film, one German expedition sets out to conserve
crumbling monuments lying forgotten in the vast tropical forest of
Cambodiawhile another is literally striking gold in a newly discovered
and
surprising site.

This and other programs are available on TAC for your use and enjoyment.  We
urge you to support this public service by participating in our Membership (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/member.html) and Underwriting (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/sponsor.shtml) programs.  Only with your
help can we continue and enhance our nonprofit public-education and
visitor-supported programming.  We also welcome new content partners as we
reach out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org

Meara Butler

Archaeological Legacy Institute List Serve Coordinator