[OR_Archaeology] Fwd: [ARD] This Month in the Anthropology Review Database

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Mon Nov 1 09:17:12 PDT 2010

>>> ARD Editors <apy-ard at BUFFALO.EDU> 11/1/2010 6:39 AM >>>
THIS MONTH IN ARD

The Anthropology Review Database addresses all of anthropology for a global audience. Read reviews for free, as soon as they are completed:
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/ .

As of 11/1/2010, the site holds 3398 completed reviews and citations, including 705 reviews by our own reviewers.

RECENTLY REVIEWED IN ARD...
To keep you abreast of publications in your field, these items have recently been reviewed. (Search or browse for all our reviews from our home page.)

 Weimberg, Gary & Catherine Ryan
2008 Soldiers of Conscience [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3362
Reviewed by Rebecca Forgash

 Widick, Richard
2009 Trouble in the Forest: California's Redwood Timber Wars [Written Literature]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3540
Reviewed by John Barnhill

 Gregg, Andrew
2009 The Everlasting Oasis: Ancient Egypt Before the Pyramids [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3546
Reviewed by Anna Boozer

 Pandian, Anand
2009 Crooked Stalks: Cultivating Virtue in South India [Written Literature]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3559
Reviewed by Vineeth Mathoor

2004 The Talking Picture: The Impact of Mass Media in Kenya, Mali, South Africa, and Uganda [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3576
Reviewed by Troy Belford

 Marshall, John
2009 !Kung Short Films [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3603
Reviewed by J. P. Loovers

 Barbaro, Adriana & Jeremy Earp
2008 Consuming Kids: The Commercialization of Childhood [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3667
Reviewed by Troy Belford

 Guzman, Patricio
1998 The Battle of Chile [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3682
Reviewed by Jesse Hingson

 Grubin, David
2010 The Buddha: The Story of Siddhartha [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3701
Reviewed by Bradford Eden

 Jhally, Sut
2010 Killing Us Softly 4: Advertising's Image of Women [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3732
Reviewed by Deeadra Brown

 Wibbelsman, Michelle
2009 Ritual Encounters: Otavalan Modern and Mythic Community [Written Literature]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3901
Reviewed by Jack David Eller

 Usmen, Sarah Zerina
2010 Muslims in Love [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/showme.cgi?keycode=3910
Reviewed by Jack David Eller

NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW...
The following are just a sample of what is currently available for review. New reviewers are always welcome. See our available items:
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?recent=yes .

 Canclini, Nestor Garcia
2001 Consumers and Citizens: Globalization and Multicultural Conflicts [Written Literature]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=2795

 Kleespie, Tom
2010 Unforgettable: The Korean War [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3958

 Levine, Jeremy
2009 Good Fortune [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3959

 Stange, Eric
2010 The Wall: A World Divided [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3961

 Kramer, Seth, Daniel Miller, & Jeremy Newberger
2010 The New Recruits [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3962

 Paskievich, John & John Whiteway
2009 The Storytelling Class [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3971

 Munga, Djo Tunda Wa
2010 State of Mind: Healing Trauma [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3972

 Aviv, Nurith
2010 Loss [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3973

 Kilmi, Jaak & Kiur Aarma
2009 Disco and Atomic War [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3974

 Compan, Ines
2009 Open Sky [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3975

 Hernandez, Roberto & Geoffrey Smith
2009 Presumed Guilty [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3976

 Mettler, Peter
2009 Petropolis: Aerial Perspectives on the Alberta Tar Sands [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3977

 Martinez, Margarita & Miguel Salazar
2009 Stolen Land [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3979

 Ribot, Jean-Christophe
2009 Surrounded by Waves [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3980

 Davis, Peter
1982/2010 Middletown [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3981

 Vos, Sarah
2009 Banking the Unbanked [Film/Video]
http://wings.buffalo.edu/ARD/cgi/available.cgi?keycode=3982

YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME...
http://listserv.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ard&A=1 .

ARD gratefully acknowledges the generous support of the University at Buffalo and Community College of Denver Departments of Anthropology, as well as the dedicated volunteers who serve as editors and reviewers.