[OR_Archaeology] Fwd: Encyclopedia of Consmption and Waste: CFA - Remaining Articles

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Fri Nov 19 11:06:42 PST 2010

>>> "Joseph K. Golson" <consumption at GOLSONMEDIA.COM> 11/19/2010 10:51 AM

Greetings,

We are inviting academic editorial contributors to a new reference work
on
consumption and waste, or the social science of garbage.

This comprehensive project will be published by SAGE Reference and will
be
marketed to academic and public libraries as a print and digital
product
available to students via the library’s electronic services. The
General
Editor, who will be reviewing each submission to the project, is Dr.
William
Rathje, emeritus University of Arizona, the top scholar in the field.

If you are interested in contributing to this cutting-edge reference,
it is
a unique opportunity to contribute to the contemporary literature,
redefining sociological issues in today’s terms. Moreover, it can be
notable publication addition to your CV/resume and broaden your
publishing
credits. SAGE Publications offers an honorarium ranging from SAGE book
credits for smaller articles up to a free set of the printed product
for
contributions totaling 10,000 words or more.

The list of available articles is already prepared, and as a next step
we
will e-mail you the Article List (Excel file) from which you can
select
topics that best fit your expertise and interests. Additionally, Style
and
Submission Guidelines will be provided that detail article
specifications.

As we are nearing the final deadline, we are now making assignments for
new
authors due November 29, 2010.

The remaining and available articles have been pasted below. If
interested,
please select from this list and contact me by the e-mail information
below.
Please provide a brief summary of your academic/publishing credentials
in
related issues.

Thanks very much.
Joseph K. Golson

consumption at golsonmedia.com

TITLE

WORD COUNT

Alabama (consumption, waste collection and disposal)

1500

Apparel

1800

Arizona Waste Characterization Study

1600

Fusion

2200

Habits and Garbage

1500

History of Consumption and Waste, World 1700s

1500

Iran

1500

Mega-Haulers

900

Mexico

1500

Mexico City, Mexico

1800

Philippines

1500

Recycling in History

900

Saudi Arabia

1800

Seóul, South Korea

1800

Stadiums

1500

Ventilation and Air-Conditioning

1200

Subscription options and archives available:
http://listserv.buffalo.edu/archives/arch-l.html