[OR_Archaeology] lab in Northwest for fluoride dating of archaeological samples?

Trey Batey ekt.batey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:51:26 PST 2011

Hello, all.

Does anyone happen to know of an archaeology lab (private or university) in
the Northwest that conducts fluoride dating?  I am a bioarchaeologist
analyzing human skeletal remains from a Bronze Age site in Syria.  The
project's co-director and I have been discussing the possibility of fluoride
dating of skeletal samples---and faunal samples, if necessary---to help
refine deposition chronologies in tombs from the site.  I live in Portland
and was thinking that a nearby lab could cut down on turn-around time---in
terms of shipping samples---if it looks like fluoride dating will be
productive to pursue.  Thanks so much.

--Trey