[OR_Archaeology] My response to SAA Executive Director Tobi Brimsek

Wendy Ann Wright waw8577 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:01:58 PDT 2011

Below is my response to the SAA's request that I renew my membership.
The original email is below.

No thanks!  The SAA is too conservative for me and costs too much.  I
prefer more community based organizations that don't cost an arm and a
leg and are more fun and productive.  Perhaps when you get some actual
archaeologists on staff besides the fabulous Maureen Malloy I will
reconsider.  David Lindsay's advocacy for archaeology has been
abysmal, and former SAA president Dr. Kenneth M. Ames is an elitist
hypocrite.

I wish the organization all the best though, for the sake of the very
valuable resources we have in archaeology that are being destroyed due
to lack of leadership in our community.

Cheers,
Wendy Ann Wright

p.s. I think I shall forward my response to the ACRA listserv and our
Oregon archaeology listserv as well