[OR_Archaeology] My response to SAA Executive Director Tobi Brimsek

Dennis Griffin dennis.griffin at state.or.us
Thu Apr 14 12:36:41 PDT 2011

Wendy,

I must second Pam's comments regarding your recent letter. I believe
that your decision to join or not join the SAA is a private one and
everyone should respect that choice. Your comments to the board on why
you have made your decision is between you and them. Our Oregon's
Archaeology list serve is meant to be a vehicle to promote a dialogue
among the professional and avocational community regarding
archaeological issues and concerns. It is not meant, nor should it be
used, as an avenue for anyone to extend personal attacks on other
members of our community. I see nothing positive coming from your letter
and strongly urge you to work with anyone you may have a disagreement
with to clarify what the problems may be in your situation rather than
lashing out in such a public fashion.

\ Dennis /

>>> Pamela Endzweig <endzweig at uoregon.edu> 4/14/2011 12:15 PM >>>
With due respect, Ms. Wright --

I do not feel that the OR Archaeology list (I'm not on acra-l) is an
appropriate venue for personal attacks.  I trust I'm not the only one
who feels that way.

Sincerely,
Pam

On 4/13/2011 10:01 AM, Wendy Ann Wright wrote:
> Below is my response to the SAA's request that I renew my
membership.

Brimsek<tobi_a_brimsek at saa.org>  wrote:
> Dear Wendy Ann Wright:
>
> It’s never too late to stay connected with SAA. As a student member,
> you can participate in your professional Society for less than 20
> cents a day. Renew by logging in at
>
> www.saa.org/members-login. We look forward to seeing you reconnect
today.
> Sincerely,
>
> Tobi A. Brimsek
> Executive Director
>
> Need help logging in? Call +1-202-789-8200 ext. 109 or email
>
> membership at saa.org.
> SAA's 77th Annual Meeting!
> April 18-22, 2012
> Memphis, TN
> Hosted by the Oregon State Library. The Library is not responsible
for content.
> Questions related to message content should be directed to list
owner(s) or the sender of the message, by phone or email.

--
Pamela E. Endzweig, Ph.D., RPA
Director of Collections&  Senior Research Associate