[OR_Archaeology] Fwd: February Archaeology First Thursdays at PSU

John Pouley john.pouley at state.or.us
Fri Jan 31 08:40:39 PST 2014

>>> Virginia Butler <virginia at pdx.edu> 1/30/2014 4:50 PM >>>
Hello All--
Please come to our presentation NEXT Thursday, Feb. 6, PSU campus, Smith Center 236.

Briece R. Edwards (Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde) will present:

Pompeii: or how I spent my summer (for 16 years).

This iconic site has been the focus of study for more than two centuries and with each passing decade we learn just how much is left to be gleaned from this ancient city. This discussion will deviate from traditional classical approaches to excavating there; rather it will highlight other approaches to site documentation; the connection between classical and archaeological methodologies, and the potential for further study.

Please see the attached flyer-- and share with others. We look forward to seeing you here. [I can't believe the timing. The Hollywood movie "Pompeii" is set to be released Feb 21. Let's get the real story from Briece ahead of that].

--
Virginia L. Butler
Department of Anthropology
virginia at pdx.edu