[OR_Archaeology] The Archaeology Channel

POULEY John * OPRD John.Pouley at oregon.gov
Tue May 20 14:50:58 PDT 2014

Friends and colleagues: The latest installment of the Video News from TAC features the following stories:

* ALI Executive Director Rick Pettigrew visited Rovereto, Italy, in October 2013 to serve on the jury for the annual International Review of Archaeological Cinema.

* Divers and snorkelers can tour six shipwrecks on the Maritime Heritage Trail in Biscayne National Park.  The British steamer Lugano ran aground in a storm in 1913.

* In the Spanish town of Tauste, excavators uncovered a large Moorish cemetery dating from the 8th to the 11th Century.  Now we know that early Tauste was much larger and more complex than formerly thought.

You can see these stories in the May 2014 edition of this monthly half-hour show, available now on our nonprofit streaming-media Web site, The Archaeology Channel (http://www.archaeologychannel.org<http://www.archaeologychannel.org/>) as well as on cable TV in cities across the US.

Launched in October 2010, the Video News from TAC has presented 97 stories on highly varied topics in 15 US states and territories, 27 other countries, and two heavenly bodies (the Earth and the Moon).  Video News program details can be found at http://www.archaeologychannel.org/video-guide/video-news-from-tac-new.  The growing list of 26 cable TV stations carrying the show is posted at http://www.archaeologychannel.org/video-guide/video-news-from-tac-new/127-hidden-articles/296-video-news-on-cable-tv.

This and other programs are available on TAC for your use and enjoyment.  We urge you to support this public service by participating in our Membership (http://www.archaeologychannel.org/support-guide/membership-program/become-a-member) and Underwriting (http://www.archaeologychannel.org/support-guide/underwriting-program) programs.  Only with your help can we continue and enhance our nonprofit public-education and visitor-supported programming.  We also welcome new content partners as we reach out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested and let us know if you want to be removed from our mailing list.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org<http://www.archaeologychannel.org/>