[OR_Archaeology] AOA 2015 Research Grant and Student Travel Award

Jessica Ainslie jessica.ainslie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:18:11 PST 2015

Hello!

The Association of Oregon Archaeologists is pleased to present the AOA
2015 Research Grant and the AOA 2015 Student Travel Award!

The AOA annually awards a Research Grant of up to $500 for proposals
that advance our knowledge of Oregon archaeology through technical
analyses, education, and interpretation. Past AOA Research Grant
topics include radiocarbon dating (marine shell; weir stakes; bison
bone), macrobotanical and starch/pollen analysis, obsidian sourcing
and hydration studies, and blood residue analysis. The research grant
application deadline is March 15, 2015.  The recipient will be
notified prior to the 2015 Northwest Anthropological Conference, where
the award will be presented at the banquet. Please refer to the
attached document for the application and details.

The Student Travel Award is intended to offset the cost of travel to
the 2015 Northwest Anthropological Conference (NWAC) in Eugene, OR.
The award will be open to any undergraduate or graduate student
currently enrolled in a university or college and whose research
directly contributes to and/or enhances our understanding of Oregon
archaeology. A $300 cash award will be given to the best original
paper or poster to be presented at the 2015 NWAC based on their
application. The winning paper/poster will be presented at the NWAC
Banquet and will also be published in a future edition of CAHO, the
AOA’s quarterly newsletter.  All entries who present will be
recognized in a future edition of CAHO and receive a year student
membership to the AOA. Application deadline is March 15th, 2015.
Attached is a flyer with details that can be printed and posted.

Thank you, and please let us know if you have any questions,
The Association of Oregon Archaeologists

***Visit our new website! Award and Grant information also available at:
http://www.associationoforegonarchaeologists.org/