[OR_Archaeology] Updated Archaeological Permit Application

POULEY John * OPRD John.Pouley at oregon.gov
Tue Aug 11 14:14:49 PDT 2015

**Oregon SHPO has updated the Archaeological Permit application**

As part of continuing efforts to minimize incoming and outgoing paper, the Oregon SHPO has updated its Archaeological Permit application and submission process. The new application is a fillable .pdf that can be submitted electronically (which is preferred), or printed and submitted via regular mail.  We ask that submissions follow one process or the other, but not both.

Electronic Submissions (Preferred):
For electronic submissions, an email address has been set up specifically for archaeological permits (Arch.Permits at Oregon.gov<mailto:Arch.Permits at Oregon.gov>), which is hyperlinked in the new fillable .pdf application. Please note, due to a high volume of emails received at SHPO, permits submitted directly to staff accounts will not be processed (aside from expedited permits).  Only the fillable .pdf application forms will be accepted via email submission. Required attachments to the permit application can be combined into a single .pdf or submitted as separate .pdf files. Please do not send other file types as attachments (e.g., .docx, .jpg, or .zip).  Submissions with attachments other than .pdf will not be reviewed.  The permit email account can accommodate 10 megabytes. For applications larger in size, multiple emails will be necessary. In those instances, please be sure to include the project name in the subject line along with the attachment numbers (e.g., 1 out of 3).

Regular Mail Submissions:
The fillable .pdf application can be completed, printed, and mailed to SHPO with the appropriate attachments as before. We will additionally still accept the previous form if preferred, for the time being (by regular mail only).

Since this is a new process, we welcome any feedback from the archaeological community regarding the application form and submission process.  The new permit application can be accessed at our web address: http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/HCD/ARCH/Pages/index.aspx.
Thanks.

John O. Pouley
Assistant State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO