[OR_Archaeology] AOA Student Travel Award and Research Grant - Deadline is Soon!

Jessica Curteman jessica.ainslie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:43:19 PST 2016

Hello,

Both deadlines for the Association of Oregon Archaeologists (AOA) Student
Travel Award and Research Grant application are this Monday (March 14th).
For application details, please visit the AOA website at
http://www.associationoforegonarchaeologists.org/Grants_and_Publications.html

The AOA Student Travel Award is open to any current undergraduate or
graduate student who will be presenting research that directly contributes
to and enhances our understand of Oregon archaeology at this year's NWAC. A
$300 cash award will be given to the best original paper or poster based on
their application.

The AOA annually awards a Research Grant of up to $500 for proposals that
advance our knowledge of Oregon archaeology through technical analyses,
education, and interpretation. Past AOA Research Grant topics include
radiocarbon dating (marine shell; weir stakes; bison bone), macrobotanical
and starch/pollen analysis, obsidian sourcing and hydration studies, and
blood residue analysis.

If you have any questions about either the Student Travel Award or the
Research Grant, please email the AOA Secretary, Jessica Curteman at
jessica.ainslie at gmail.com. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on
Monday, March 14th.

Thank you,
AOA Board