[OR_Archaeology] New History Website

POULEY John * OPRD John.Pouley at oregon.gov
Mon Jul 11 10:22:56 PDT 2016

Dear Friend of History,

I'm writing to let you know about my new website, the Oregon Iron Chronicles. It is compilation of 70 years of newspaper articles about Oregon's pioneer iron industry and is intended as a resource for historians and curious time-travelers.   In addition to providing eye-witness accounts of mining and iron making, the articles reveal the largely forgotten influence of the iron industry on the development of Portland and Lake Oswego. They detail battles over water rights, protests against Chinese labor, shipments of pig iron to San Francisco, the erection of cast-iron fronted buildings, pipe contracts for the Bull Run water system, and the curious saga of the Willamette Meteorite.

www.oregonironchronicles.com/<http://www.oregonironchronicles.com/>

Hoping the site may prove useful to you,
Susanna Kuo