[OR_Archaeology] AOA meeting Malheur

Mark Tveskov tveskovm at sou.edu
Fri Oct 28 12:54:15 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I received my AOA meeting agenda and the news of the Bundy's acquittal on
the same day. When the trial began, I was curious as to why there were no
charges against Bundy et al. being brought under ARPA, since it seemed to
me obvious that during the occupation they had bulldozed through a recorded
archaeological site, and then used it as a latrine during the final days of
the occupation. At the time, I trusted the wisdom of the federal DA's, who
seemingly went after easy charges of impeding a federal employee.  But that
seems to have backfired, obviously.

Unfortunately, due to a prior commitment I won't be able to make the
meeting in Salem next Friday, although Chelsea might make it.  While I am
no lawyer, I am curious to at least explore the idea of some kind of class
action lawsuit under ARPA against Bundy et al, perhaps in conjunction with
our nine Tribal partners.

Couldn't this be on the agenda? Does the AOA have access to a lawyer?

best,
Mark Tveskov

--
Mark Tveskov, PhD