[OR_Archaeology] Position Announcement

POULEY John * OPRD John.Pouley at oregon.gov
Tue Oct 2 07:47:04 PDT 2018

The vacancy announcement for the Sweet Home Ranger District Archaeologist GS-0193-7/9 is now available in USAJobs.gov. The vacancy announcement number is 18-GVQ4-0193-7-9-FS2271-FS. The vacancy announcement will be open from September 28, 2018 through October 16, 2018, which is longer than 14 days to account for the planned outage of USAJobs.gov from October 5 through October 8. Please share far and wide.

Link to USAJobs vacancy announcement: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/512468000

PLANNED USAJOBS DOWNTIME AND ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEM UPGRADES

OPM will soon be implementing a series of major electrical power system improvements at its primary data center in Macon, GA that will impact USAJOBS.  These planned upgrades will have many positive benefits: increased efficiency, safety, capacity, and, most importantly, fully redundant emergency power operability to enable maximum uptime for applications and services hosted at the OPM Macon Datacenter.  Unfortunately, due to the high voltage involved and the cross connection of core components, these maintenance activities will require a full shutdown of all applications and services for the duration of the system upgrades, including USAJOBS.

USAJOBS will be down beginning at 12:01 AM ET on Friday, October 5th, 2018 and will be back up and running no later than 11:59 PM ET on Monday, October 8th, 2018 (the Columbus Day holiday).  This downtime will impact USAJOBS.gov, USAJOBS' Agency Talent Portal (Resume Mining), and our testing sites. Please do not plan to use USAJOBS' resources during this downtime.

For your planning purposes, we also wanted to share that we are planning a second system upgrade over the President's Day weekend starting at 12:01 AM ET on Friday, February 15th, 2019 and continuing through 11:59 PM ET on Tuesday, February 19th, 2019. USAJOBS will be unavailable during this downtime as well. We will confirm these dates as we approach the event.

For the benefit of job seekers, we recommend that no announcements be scheduled to close during this downtime. We will be notifying job seekers of this planned downtime via a message posted on www.usajobs.gov<http://www.usajobs.gov> as well as through our social media channels. As a reminder, you can always refer job seekers to our social media for ongoing information and assistance with USAJOBS issues. You can find our social media channels here:

https://www.facebook.com/USAJOBS/
https://twitter.com/USAJOBS
https://www.linkedin.com/company/usajobs
https://plus.google.com/+usajobs
http://youtube.com/c/usajobs

We appreciate your patience as OPM takes concrete steps to help ensure USAJOBS continues to provide reliable services to you, our agency partner, and job seekers for years to come. While we are excited about the improvements this electrical work will yield, we realize that this downtime could present an inconvenience for you and your teams.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at Recruiter-Help at usajobs.gov<mailto:Recruiter-Help at usajobs.gov?subject=Planned%20Downtime%20for%20USAJOBS>.

Thank you!

[Forest Service Shield]

Chris Sorensen
Natural Resources Staff

Forest Service
Willamette National Forest, Sweet Home Ranger District

p: 541-367-3540
c: 541-405-5438
f: 541-367-2367
csorensen02 at fs.fed.us<mailto:csorensen02 at fs.fed.us>