[OR_Archaeology] Gofundme to bring ancestral remains back to Oregon

POULEY John * OPRD John.Pouley at oregon.gov
Wed Oct 10 09:45:46 PDT 2018

Good afternoon Dear friends and colleagues,

I am writing to send a gofundme page that I started as a grass roots fundraising effort to try to raise funds for an International Repatriation.  As you may know, NAGPRA does not apply outside of the US and will not allow tribes to apply for NAGPRA grants to other countries.  Therefore we have started this fundraising campaign so that Ms Rosalind Johnson, Traditional Undertaker and myself, Roberta Kirk, NAGPRA Coordinator can travel to New Zealand to retrieve and escort home three ancestral remains. These ancestors originated from The Dalles, Memaloose Island, Wasco County, OR and were removed in the late 1800's.

Please read the page and share with others, any donations will be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Roberta J. Kirk

Warm Springs GeoVisions - Cultural Resources
PO Box 460
Warm Springs, OR 97761

phone: 541.553.3465
fax: 541.553.3584