[OR_Archaeology] Seeking Thesis Topics for NWACs Session

POULEY John * OPRD John.Pouley at oregon.gov
Fri Dec 14 15:38:12 PST 2018

Greetings,

Oregon SHPO is looking into the possibility of chairing a "speed round" type of NWAC session. The intent is to have a session geared towards graduate or potential graduate students where people from tribes/agencies/contractors/SHPOs/etc. briefly discuss possible archaeology thesis topics. I will provide more details later, based on interest. I will additionally be sending a request out on our archaeology mailing list (if you would like to subscribe, please follow the link below).

We are hoping to have archaeology thesis topics that meet the Oregon Revise Statute (ORS 390.235) which defines a "qualified archaeologist" (someone that can apply for permits). Since there will likely be graduate students that may not be interested in working in Oregon, meeting the statute is not a requirement for the session. That being said, the session will kick-off with a quick presentation on the intent of the statute. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested, or if you have any questions.

Thanks for your consideration.
-John

John Pouley
Assistant State Archaeologist