[Oregon_dwsp] Oregon's Domestic Well Safety Program funded another five years!

Dubuisson Nadege nadege.dubuisson at state.or.us
Fri Oct 2 12:59:01 PDT 2015

The Oregon Domestic Well Safety Program<http://www.healthoregon.org/wells> (DWSP) is excited to announce that we have received an additional five years of funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC-RFA-EH15-1507)!

With this funding, we hope to build on our last two years of work by:

(1) Providing updated well testing data, hazard assessment and well stewardship information in formats that aid in clear communication and interpretation;
(2) Providing funding and technical support to build local health department capacity to identify and conduct interventions and outreach that most effectively reach communities of concern;
(3) Improving submission of well testing data to OHA;
(4) Collaborating with partners and stakeholders to develop new and revise existing educational materials for vulnerable populations;
(5) Providing information to policymakers and stakeholders regarding compliance, testing and stewardship information pertaining to the Domestic Well Testing Act (ORS 448.271);
(6) Internally and externally assessing unregulated drinking water services to identify opportunities for performance improvement.

We have a lot of work to do, so stay tuned! Coming up in the next few weeks, a Request for Proposals (RFP) will be announced in order to continue supporting local domestic well interventions and programs. Projects are expected to start in early 2016. A webinar will be scheduled in early November, detailing requirements and expectations of the RFPs, and showcasing past projects.

We are looking forward to being in touch with all of you over the next five years. Please be sure to check in on our website (www.healthoregon.org/wells) to stay current on resources available across the state and program activities.

Sincerely,

[cid:image003.png at 01D0FD0F.FC521940]
The Oregon DWSProgram Team