[Oregon_dwsp] Safe Water Program Improvement e-Learning Series

Popinga Jara JARA.POPINGA at dhsoha.state.or.us
Thu Feb 22 07:51:05 PST 2018

CDC and partners are proud to announce the new Safe Water Program Improvement e-Learning Series<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.cdc.gov_nceh_ehs_elearn_swpi.html&d=DwMFAg&c=7gilq_oJKU2hnacFUWFTuYqjMQ111TRstgx6WoATdXo&r=7wXQ9sf2qmGcklwOPFFGKrM8mA0ZyW1jYW5BqaYFlFg&m=w4jNnw9Kak7XyTtTudnRgyDKgraUGXxPlonYQu2dWbo&s=91iS7prZUcz7bNyGREbHN916PL3aybQsyMY4QKQFguo&e=> (SWPI). SWPI helps health department programs strengthen services to people that use wells, cisterns, springs, and other private drinking water systems not covered by the Safe Drinking Water Act.

What Are the Benefits of This Training?

  *   [Safe Water Program Improvement Badge] <https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/elearn/swpi.html> It's free and flexible: Take the courses you want, when you want.
  *   It's practical: Improve drinking water in your community by improving your program.
  *   It's strategic: Gain experience with the framework used in accreditation of health departments as you apply the 10 Essential Environmental Public Health Services and the Environmental Public Health Performance Standards to your drinking water program.
  *   You can earn continuing education units (CEUs): Obtain CEUs from the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) upon completion of the courses and final evaluation (optional).

What Are People Saying?
We tested this course among drinking water and other environmental health staff.

  *   More than 4 out of 5 identified specific actions they could take in their job as a result of SWPI.
  *   9 in 10 said they would recommend SWPI to a colleague.
Pilot Tester comments:

  *   I plan to..."(u)tilize the 10 Essential services! I had no idea they even existed specifically for the Environmental Health realm of Public Health."
  *   "This course will allow me to think more on the sources of unregulated drinking water instead of totally focusing on the public sources of water. It will also help me be ready with answers to questions from people using unregulated drinking water sources."

Who Developed the Training?
CDC's National Center for Environmental Health collaborated with the National Network of Public Health Institutes, Texas Health Institute, Tulane University, NEHA, and additional subject-matter experts in performance improvement and drinking water.

Domestic Well Safety Program
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 640
Portland, OR 97232
Phone: (971) 673 - 0977