[Orlsta] competitive grants - need estimate for potential split funding

Ann Reed reed_ann at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Mar 22 16:09:23 PDT 2010

Greetings current competitive grant grantees,

The State Library is facing "perfect storm" of uncommitted federal funds soon to expire on September 31, 2010.  Last year, we had to give $74,000 back to the IMLS.  We really want to avoid that this year.  We are looking at competitive grants hoping to find some that we can change from 2010 federal funds to a mix of 2009 and 2010 federal funds.  No change of amount is contemplated.

How much of your FFY2010 grant funds would you expect to spend by 7/31/10?  Can you give me a rough estimate by March 31?

We would execute a grant modification to split fund a grant, but no real action would be needed on your part.  I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Yours,

Ann

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Library Development Services