[Orlsta] need DUNS number for your fiscal agent / updates on timing

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Wed Feb 9 16:39:02 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

There are a couple important things to communicate:

1.      Grant funding

We received part of our federal award on Monday.  We have to send certifications to the IMLS (which grants us LSTA funds) before they say we can make subawards.   We should have those in their hands and in order by Friday (we hope).    We have the two high priority projects' contracts ready to go as soon as we have a green light from IMLS.

2.      Estimated start date

At this time, the Federal Government is funded by a continuing resolution until March 4.  The education budget bill, which contains LSTA funding, has not yet been passed.  After a bill is signed, it normally takes three weeks for the funding to go through the Office of Management and Budget.   While we hope for a March 1 start, it is very possible that date could push back to March 15.  If this causes your project hardship, please contact us right away.

3.      DUNS number required
In looking at the federal paperwork this week, we discover that all subgrantees (and ourselves, of course) are now required to have a DUNS number.   This is the required by the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act, which stipulates that we need to enter your grants in a federal database.  The DUNS number is the Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS), a nine-digit number established and assigned by Dun and Bradstreet to uniquely identify business entities. A DUNS number may be obtained from D&B by telephone (currently 866-705-5711) or the Internet (currently at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform ).  This applies to competitive and ongoing statewide grants.  Please check with your financial office and let us know your DUNS number.

Please call me with any questions or concerns.  Thanks,

Ann

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library