[Orlsta] a word about FFY2016 grant process and ongoing statewide projects

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Thu Feb 26 11:36:37 PST 2015

[unclesam.jpg] Oregon's LSTA program is changing its time cycle and process!

If you haven't heard, our LSTA program is undergoing some changes. One of the big changes is that we are shortening the grant process.  THERE IS NO APPLICATION for either statewide or competitive grants THIS SPRING for 2016 projects. The ongoing statewide projects already submitted their FFY2015 proposals last spring.

Oregon's competitive LSTA grant process is changing from a two-step process, with a brief and full proposal, to a one-step process.  For 2016, non-competitive and competitive grants will submit one proposal and all grants will run on a July 1 to June 30 schedule. There will be no extensions.  We will continue to offer consulting, and commenting on proposal drafts. The requirements for outcome-based evaluation <http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/resources/OBE/obe.aspx> continue and strengthen.  Projects need to stick to a realistic 12 month timeline.

The proposed new schedule would look like this for competitive (and ongoing statewide) projects:

January 2016

LSTA grant packet announced and available electronically

Last 2 weeks in March 2016

A voluntary review group using google docs, or wiki, blog, etc for interested LSTA Council members to leave comments on electronic drafts

January to April 2016

Writing time for full proposal

Mid April 2016

Full Proposals due - competitive and ongoing statewide projects

Mid May 2016

LSTA Council meets - recommends full proposals to OSL Board

Late May 2016

Library Development mails letter to applicants / sends Council recommendations to Board

Mid-June 2016

Board reviews and approves new competitive grants

Mid-June 2016

Send grant contracts

July 1, 2016

New grants start

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Oregon State Library
Library Support and Development Services
250 Winter St.
Salem, OR 97301
ann.reed at state.or.us
phone 503-378-5027