[ORMAP-Tech] ORMAP Tools Meeting Notes

DEAN ANDERSON ANDERSON.DEAN at co.polk.or.us
Fri Dec 17 13:07:21 PST 2010

ORMAP ARCMAP December Tools Programmer Committee
Notes from Dean Anderson - Tools Coordinator

1. Review Testing Results

Everything looks pretty good for going to ArcMap 10.  Shad is about done.  John found a bug that Shad thinks he should get cleared up pretty quick. Shad is going to get bill to Phil. We approve him paying it and closing the conversion to ArcMap10 project.

2. Moving ArcMap 10 to trunk

We are going to replace the download with ArcMap 10.  Shad is going to..
- Save 9.3 to branch
- Delete 9.3 in trunk
- Update Trunk with 10

This should be done by January 1.  Dean will get it set to download (with David's help.)  David will work with Dean on getting permissions and training on source forge to do this.

Once this is done Robert is going to copy trunk to branch and make the updates for annotation. We will then move this to trunk at some future time.

3. Going to ArcMap 10

Programmers found a couple little things counties will have to do when going to 10.  Lane, Deschutes, Polk and Clackamas are all in testing mode.  It appears that you can run the tests on the production database. Lane and Deschutes have set this up.  The big issue when going to ArcMap 10 is to be sure to uninstall the tools prior unstalling 9.3.  If you do not the tool install will not work.  We will put notes on the upgrade process on the web site.

4 Annotation Demo

Robert showed this.  Demo worked well and  will be moved to trunk. Talked about making it work without annotation distance/direction pairs. We will do this at some future time as an update.

5. Training

Deschutes, Polk, and Lane agreed to do work on training. The goal is to move training materials to a WIKI so that counties have the materials available to them to do training when they needed it.  We discussed a number of different training alternatives and thought this would work best.

6. Wiki

Dean will setup a wiki  by January 10th.  He will send out an outline of WKI topics soon.

7. Developer Programmer Comments:

Was noted that it is important to have Automatic update turned on. Need to check feature class to sure function turn one. This type of validation is important so that apps do not blow up.  This topic will be addressed in more detail on the WIKI

8. Map Production - Map production folks met. Shad should have a proposal for review in a week or so.