[ORMAP-Tech] ORMAP Web Site Upgrade

MCCLELLAN Philip L philip.l.mcclellan at state.or.us
Thu Jun 17 10:24:17 PDT 2010

The Department of Revenue is working to upgrade the ORMAP web site. ESRI
will soon withdraw support for the current software version underlying
the website. We will consequently need to move to their supported, Arc
Server environment. We are taking this opportunity to update the web
site as a whole.

As part of that update process, we're asking for your suggested on
possible changes in both the content and usability of the ORMAP website.
Downstream we will also be looking for volunteers to test the web site
once the changes have been made. I've been tasked to collect the
suggestions for the web site as well as a list of people interested in
testing the site.

We currently cannot provide any ownership information that maybe found
in the assessor's database on the ORMAP site, nor can we allow for
downloading of the tax lot, tax map, or tax code shapefiles (polygons).
We are currently planning to include aerial photography and road data
(street names) with the upgrade. We are open to any other suggestion
that you may have for the web site on either the mapping or the
informational sides of the site. We are also looking for input on what
is not currently working for you on the site and how you think we could
improve on the site.

If you could please send me your suggestions by July 1, 2010, I will
compile the responses and present them to our project team. If you are
willing to be a tester, I will notify you when we're ready for testing.
We have a January 1, 2011 completion date for the upgrade and plan to go
live shortly there after. Our plan is for testing to occur in October or
November 2010.

I would like to thank you all in advance for your help with improving
OMRAP and the services that we provide.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Phil McClellan

philip.l.mcclellan at stat.or.us <mailto:philip.l.mcclellan at stat.or.us>

503-586-8128

Thank you.

***************CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***************

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have
received this email in error, please advise me immediately by reply
e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the
message and any attachments from your system.

Philip McClellan
ORMAP Project Coordinator
Oregon Department of Revenue
Property Tax Division - CDOT