[ORMAP-Tech] County Boundary Question

MCCLELLAN Philip L philip.l.mcclellan at dor.state.or.us
Tue Nov 30 10:43:48 PST 2010

Hello Everyone,

I was asked by the Corey Plank at BLM to see how each county determines its county boundary. As many of you know the BLM is responsible for creating a boundary for the State of Oregon and its counties. They're currently using the legal descriptions, along with LiDAR and other remote sensing and GIS sources.

He has been asked by several counties if he has coordinated his effort with those here at ORMAP. I told him that the county boundaries that many of you are using for ORMAP are based on the tax lots or taxing boundaries which are used for "assessment purposes only." And that the agreements that we (ORMAP) have are between the county assessor's offices (and maybe more?). Now comes the big question, what is everyone using for their "official" boundary for your entire county GIS effort? Are you using the county boundaries created by your tax lot remapping efforts or is there something else?

The BLM is trying to get the boundaries defined correctly and to everyone satisfaction.

If you have any questions concerning this please contact me or Corey Plank of the BLM at corey_plank at blm.gov<mailto:corey_plank at blm.gov>.

Thanks,
Phil

***************CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***************

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this email in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Philip McClellan
ORMAP Project Coordinator
Oregon Department of Revenue
Property Tax Division - CDOT