[ORMAP-Tech] Updated GIS Cadastral Licensing Agreement.

MCCLELLAN Philip L philip.l.mcclellan at dor.state.or.us
Thu Oct 28 09:32:01 PDT 2010

At the last state GIS Program Leaders (GPL) meeting we discussed a change to the GIS Cadastral Data Licensing Agreement that the Framework Implementation Team (FIT) has sponsored that pays the counties $1000 annually for their cadastral data (tax lots, map index, tax code shapefiles) including the counties property ownership information. The current agreement requires that the counties provide property ownership table populated with all data that is lawful to disclose.
Until the State Legislature can address the issues surrounding name suppression and privacy globally. An interim suggestion was made to change the language in the agreement pertaining to the property ownership table. Pending approval by the Oregon Geographic Information Council (OGIC), we have suggested the highlighted changes to the attached version (v2011) of the agreement.
The first change is in section 1.1 where counties may optionally leave the fields of "OwnerLine1, OwnerLine2, and OwnerLine3" of the Real Property Table blank. The second change is in section 8 which address indemnification concerns.
For those counties have have submitted an ORMAP grant application for this fall's funding cycle, by signing this agreement you will receive an additional 2 points when your grants are scored. If you have already signed the current agreement you will still be awarded the 2 points. To receive the 2 points on your ORMAP application I will need to know your intent to sign this agreement by Friday November 12, 2010. If you'd like to sign this new version to replace your current agreement you may do so, or if you're comfortable with the version of the agreement that you have signed you need to do nothing. Please be aware that the changes are still pending OGIC approval. We'll send out another notice once OGIC has reviewed and endorsed the new agreement.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Milt Hill of DAS GEO at milton.e.hill at state.or.us<mailto:milton.e.hill at state.or.us> or me at philip.l.mcclellan at state.or.us<mailto:philip.l.mcclellan at state.or.us>.
Thank you,
Phil

***************CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***************

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this email in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Philip McClellan
ORMAP Project Coordinator
Oregon Department of Revenue
Property Tax Division - CDOT