[ORMAP-Tech] OSACA/Cartography Meeting Materials

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Mon Jan 28 14:10:12 PST 2013

At the OSACA conference this week the ORMAP ESRI ARCMAP Technical Tools
committee has been asked to present.  The committee needs feedback from the
larger group to allow us to spend resources to research ESRI's Parcel
Fabric.  The Fabric looks pretty cool but will need careful consideration
and design work before proceeding.  At the meeting we will be:

1. Reviewing our original goals for tools (from 2004).
2. Briefly look at the parcel fabric and what a couple of counties are
doing with it.
3. Asking for permission to research how we could transition to the parcel
fabric.

Please review the attachments prior to the meeting as we will discuss them
at that time.

1. ORMAPNewUseCases10xSummary.doc - a summary of the ArcMap Tools requested
by cartographers.  This has been our development guide for quite some time.

2. ARCMAP10XTOOLS.doc
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=4ca2d04115&view=att&th=13c833220973627d&attid=0.2&disp=safe&realattid=f_hci61tnp1&zw>
-
just a simple list of what tools currently exist. This is just for
reference.

3. ARCMAPARCMAPESRIJANMEMO.doc<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=4ca2d04115&view=att&th=13c8332c5d89f830&attid=0.3&disp=safe&realattid=f_hci61tnr2&zw>
-
the request by the committee to explore the parcel fabric for the next
several months.

I will bring a limited number of copies to the meeting so hopefully you
will print a copy and bring it.

Thanks

--
Dean R Anderson