[ORMAP-Tech] Annual Cadastral (ORMAP) Data Submission

MCCLELLAN Philip L * DOR Philip.L.MCCLELLAN at oregon.gov
Tue Jan 21 10:38:02 PST 2020

Hello! It's time again to submit your annual taxlot data (shapefiles) for the ORMAP website and for the state agencies, for those counties with an agreement.

As many of you know, a new version of the ORMAP website was launched this past fall.  From the feedback we've received, many more users are now zooming to their assessor PDFs via the webmap browser interface (https://ormap.net/gis/index.html) rather than drilling down through the alphanumeric township-range Taxmap Explorer lists (https://ormap.net/#/taxmapexplorer/).  As a result, we are getting more reports of "missing" PDF maps, or in reality MapIndex polygons with MapNumber/ORMapNum attributes that don't match the filename of a corresponding PDF.

We had a discussion about this development at OSACA, but wanted to give everyone a heads up in case you weren't at conference and were about to submit.  We'd like to ask that counties send us a complete set of your assessor PDFs when you send us your shapefiles annually.  By getting both shapefiles and PDFs in sync like this, we expect there will be far fewer complaints about users not being able to locate their assessor PDFs from the webmap.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me or Thom York in CISU.

Thanks,
Phil

******CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE******
This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this email in error, please advise me immediately by reply email, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

Philip McClellan
Operations and Policy Analyst 3
Oregon Department of Revenue
Property Tax Division