[OSFA] Annual Training Conference

FLOWERS Clayton A Clayton.A.FLOWERS at odot.state.or.us
Fri Mar 6 11:24:01 PST 2009

Greetings Oregon State Fiscal Association members and other interested
individuals!

The Oregon State Fiscal Association (OSFA) is pleased to announce its
Annual Conference and Business Meeting on Thursday, April 30, 2009 at
the Salem Conference Center in downtown Salem. Our conference theme this
year is "Tools for Success."
The Board of Directors is very concerned about the current economic
conditions and the effect this is having on State agencies.  The Board
has scaled back the conference by offering fewer breakout sessions,
reduced expenses where feasible and worked with the Salem Conference
Center to renegotiate our conference minimum requirements.  The Board
has also elected to subsidize a portion of the expenses for this year's
conference with monies earned from the 2008 conference in order to
provide a meaningful training day at the lowest price we can afford.  We
are presenting a quality day of motivational and technical presentations
for half of the cost of last year's conference.  The full day conference
agenda, lunch and a full year of membership dues for only $75.00 for
current members.  We hope this one year's reduction will assist with
your ability to attend this year's conference.
Attached is the schedule of events and a link to the registration form.
Please consider attending as we plan to offer training on a number of
topics that will be of significance to fiscal, accounting and payroll
staff in state government.  CPE will be available for those attending.
http://www.oregonstatefiscalassn.org/2009%20OSFA%20Registration%20Form.d
oc

Registration is through our event coordinators, Class Act Event
Coordinators.  Julie Studenroth and Susan Adkins are our contacts.  You
can register by mail or by fax.  Please fill out the registration class
selection forms and return them with payment to OSFA, c/o Class Act
Event Coordinators, 910 Commercial St. SE, Salem, OR 97302 by April 17,
2009.  Class Act's fax number is 503-589-9166.  Their phone is
503-371-8904.  Their email address is rsvp at classactevents.net .
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any of the OSFA
Board of Directors.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on April 30th!

Clay Flowers
Oregon State Fiscal Association