[OSFA] OSFA Annual Training Conference

FLOWERS Clayton A Clayton.A.FLOWERS at odot.state.or.us
Wed Nov 20 13:40:19 PST 2013

Save The Date!
Tuesday May 6, 2014, OSFA Annual Training Conference.
Keynote Presentation by Fariborz Pakseresht: Chaos, Leadership & You - Figuring it out.

Chaos. Uncertainty. You may have noticed this in your workplace, community, or even in your own life. Navigating this demands new actions. It calls for leadership, learning and passion - from each of us.
But....What do you do if you are tired? Demoralized? Numb? Out of ideas? What if your passion has evaporated? What if you have energy but not sure how to direct it?
When we declare "I will figure it out," we dig into the chaos and uncertainty. We learn. We see possibilities where perhaps there were none. We create options. Navigating chaos is easier when there are options. Then we can choose. We can then take new action.
Join us for the conversation. We will talk about power, courage, creativity, and intention. We'll explore some of the "unspeakables" such as doubt, frustration, fatigue and apathy.
It will be a thought-provoking conversation...figuring it out. Please Join Us!
Leading the conversation and sharing his perspectives will be Fariborz Pakseresht, Director of Oregon Youth Authority.
Fariborz has been described as "A leader that makes you remember what matters, what you stand for and that you are capable of more."
As OYA Director, he is responsible for overseeing the operations of the state's juvenile corrections agency, which serves approximately 1,750 youth offenders ages 12-24. He joined OYA in 2008 after serving in leadership roles with the Oregon Department of Human Services and Oregon Department of Administrative Services.
Plan on joining us for this exciting day of motivation and training opportunities.

Clay
Clayton Flowers, CGFM, OPMA
Financial Policy and Compliance Manager
503-986-3967
FAX 503-986-4141

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.